Hundreds of thousands of tax professionals are "asleep at the wheel" about how important this voluntary AFSP credential is.
If you are an "unenrolled tax preparer" (meaning, not EA or CPA) and you choose not to obtain your AFSP credential, you will lose any and all rights to represent your clients with any and all IRS matters.
This bundle of 3 courses satisfies the requirements to participate in the IRS Annual Filing Season Program (AFSP), including:
- Annual Federal Tax Refresher (AFTR) course and test, counting for 6 hours, IRS course # MPMDK-A-00045-19-S
- Ethics for Tax Professionals course, counting for 2 hours, IRS course # MPMDK-E-00046-19-S
- Tax Deductions & Tax Credits Refresher course, counting for 10 hours, course # MPMDK-T-00047-19-S
- You will be listed in a publicly-available list of tax professionals that shows which educational credentials each tax professional possesses. The idea here is that any member of the public who is considering using your services could "look you up" in this databaseand if your name appears and has some letters next to it, you will appear more appealing to clients and potential clients.
- As of January 1, 2016, the IRS has updated its policies as to who can and who cannot "represent clients" before the IRS. For calendar year 2016 and beyond, an "unenrolled preparer" (defined as a tax preparer who's not either an EA or CPA) can no longer represent clients before the IRS at all, even with respect to a tax return that the preparer both prepared and signed. In other words, if you don't pass this test and get those AFSP letters next to your name, you'll have no ability to contact the IRS on behalf of your clients.
The main reason completing this AFSP course is worth your time is because it will preserve your right to represent your clients with an IRS issue if and when your clients ever need your help with an IRS matter.
And, that matters!
Get started today earn the AFSP credential and preserve your rights as a tax professional.
If you're unsure whether or not this course is the best fit to meet your needs, please feel free to contact our support team via email or phone (310) 422 - 1283.